[Qgis-user] new xytools plugin: now open and save simple Excel files

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Dec 17 04:53:04 PST 2011

On 2011-12-16 10:44, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Isn't it what Python-UNO is meant for?

Ok, version 0.3.0 now my first shot with python-UNO. in 0.3.0 only
opening of ods-files is working, saving not yet. Working with Linux, for
windows I think the uno-python dll is not in the PYTHONPATH or so.
Because the uno-package is not found there.

There are also some hickups with the UNO-stuff: I can either start the
'soffice'-service invisible, but after that I cannot visibly open oocalc
anymore (on ubuntu here). So for now I start the service visible,
meaning that you see LibreOffice start up and open a window...

If somebody has an easy solution for this, please let me know.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde