FW: [Qgis-user] problems with layers from one source

Caroline Rendon caroline.t.rendon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:13:37 PST 2011

This is a link to some of the other data I'm using - if you select Illinois
and download.

http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/geo/shapefiles2010/layers.cgi

I can see that the Chicago Ward Boundaries layer is in WGS84 but I'm not
able to make it work with this layer from the Census. Can you tell me how
to reconcile these? I know this is basic stuff, but I've only used ArcView
before and I'm new to QGIS. Thank you!
Caroline