[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] JOIN error

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Dec 21 13:55:48 PST 2011

On 19/12/2011, at 03:15 , Agustin Lobo wrote:

> I use Properties/JOINS to join a dbf table to a vector layer
> (fields ISO and ISO3 respectively). The Join works, but
> I get the following error when I  try to save the vector layer as
> a new shapefile:
> Export to vector file failed.
> Error: Feature write errors:
> Invalid variant type for field X[11]: received void with type
> Invalid variant type for field X[11]: received void with type
> (many times repeated)
> Only 24 of 246 features written.
>
> The new layer is actually written (despite claiming "Export to vector
> failed") but only those countries with data in the dbf are available

Hi Agus,

I'm curious where you were trying to get to with this join?
(I know it's not working the way you would like, but thinking short term about a work around).

If you're heading for a map showing countries with that owl species, then you could get the same result (intentionally, with out the errors) using a sort and save selection, and then overlay the new layer on the world map.

More layers, similar result.

But it does depend what you were trying to do.

-ramon.