[Qgis-user] Unstable 1.7.3 - one specific point is WMS

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Dec 28 07:15:34 PST 2011

Hi Jürgen

 >So apparently we are backporting stuff too quick without proper review
and
 >testing.

Yes, it's true that devs and power users normally work with master for
the daily work, not 1_7. So backported bugs are normally detected after
release.

A solution could be that developers don't backport their changes
themselves (only mark them as candidates for backport). It then would be
the job of the 1.7 maintainer (Werner?) to do more detailled tests and
push to 1_7 if ok. Similar to the linux kernel, where they have
maintainers for old kernel releases (2.4, 2.6).

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions