[Qgis-user] GPSTools plugin - not downloading from GPS

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Jun 23 12:14:52 PDT 2011

On 23/06/2011 15:44, Bernhard.Stroebl at jena.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> had the same message today when trying to download tracks from my
> garmin device via usb. It turned out to be the usb-Driver has not been
> installed on this machine. Installing it solved the problem. As you
> say gpsbabel itself works, maybe you misconfigured the device or the
> port. Just a guess, though.

Thanks,
Just to be sure I reinstalled the Garmin driver for windows. No
difference, I still get the error (see attached screen shot).
And running gpsbabel from the command line, or thru the GPSBabel GUI
works fine.
I wonder if this problem is a continuation of this [1] trac issue that
was reopened recently?

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1170

Regards,
Micha