[Qgis-user] Projection of Shapefile export

Brett Adams badams at spinifexgeophysics.com.au
Sun Mar 20 19:21:19 PDT 2011

I thought this problem merely related to the failure of Australian
projections. Projection data doesn't exist, therefore can't be exported
with the shape file.

If the points are imported as WGS84 / UTMz51S, then export the shape
file, the projection file contains the relevant information. Its all good.

So if the projection issue is fixed, shape files will then export with
the required projection information.

As far as I can see, there is no bug here. If anyone can show otherwise,
we need to record the bug and create a ticket (if it doesn't exist already)

--
Brett Adams
Spinifex Geophysics <http://www.spinifexgeophysics.com.au/>