[Qgis-user] Re: Enhanced labels in 1.7.0

Andrew Chapman andrew.chapman at donkagen.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 08:27:33 PDT 2011

Andreas,
Thanks for your suggestion - yes, attribute table references are needed for
label distance, X & Y coordinates before the horizontal & vertical alignment
fields and rotation are enabled. Pointing all of these to a dummy (null)
attribute enables the rotation dropdown list, but selecting an attribute
value for rotation (the same as in the old dialog) gives no rotation.
On the assumption that I've not made any further incorrect assumptions and
this functionality is as intended, I'll have to stick with the old labels -
in the UK Ordnance Survey data that I use, labels are identified in point
files with an rotation.

Andrew