[Qgis-user] Re: Enhanced labels in 1.7.0

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Mar 25 15:21:32 PDT 2011

Hi Andrew and Andreas

A possible solution for this would be to add a setting in the advanced tab
that takes the position from point / line center / polygon centroid instead of
data fields. This would probably mimic the old-symbology behaviour, but with
the advantage that the labels are considered by other layers and diagrams.

In the meantime, the uk users could simply use the old labeling for the os
data.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions