[Qgis-user] shape files in websites

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed May 11 04:43:58 PDT 2011

On 05/11/2011 01:06 PM, kalpatarunrm Kumar wrote:
> All information is available in attribute table. We can see data by
> just clicking on the layers.This is possible only the softwares are
> available like arc gis or quantum gis. But it is not possible in web
> page. In this case how quantum gis helps to the users. Kindly helps me
> in this matter.

Hi,

not sure if I understand your question, but if it is that you want to
view the attributes of a shapefile in a webpage, you probably need other
tools.

For example, you could use php mapscript if you're into php:
http://mapserver.org/mapscript/php/by_example.html

Another option would be to install a Web Mapping Server/WMS (like
Qgis-Mapserver, Minnesota Mapserver or Geoserver), and use so called
getFeatureInfo requests (for the details of one feature), or template
files to serve pages with attribute data.

If you're on windows it's easiest to start of with osgeo4w
(http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde