[Bulk] Re: [Qgis-user] klm layer

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Sun May 15 02:46:00 PDT 2011

Hello Julio,

the file you sent is no "ordinary" KML. It is actually a WMS service. You
can notice that when you open the kml in Google Earth. In the "places", the
folders have a "folder network" symbol. Therefore, you don't think you can
use that kml directly on QGIS.

But, you can use the WMS services. In the KML I could find two wms services:

http://uniatmos.atmosfera.unam.mx:8082/geoserver2/wms

http://uniatmos.atmosfera.unam.mx:8093/geoserver13/wms

Add them in QGIS using the "add WMS Layer", connect to the server and
 choose the layers you want to see.

Good luck
Alexandre Neto