[Qgis-user] New starter on QGIS & I need help!!!!!

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon May 16 09:01:41 PDT 2011

Click plugins, manage plugins then locate and enable Georeferencer (you may need to download Python plugins first)

Use this tool to click on points on the map, & specify/enter the UTM coordinates for these points.

Do this for several points scattered throughout the image. Once done (accurately!) QGIS will correctly locate the image on the map, and therefore properly place any points or lines overlaid on it.

This is not the only way, but is perhaps the simplest.

HTH,

  Brent Wood