[Qgis-user] New starter on QGIS & I need help!!!!!

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:04:00 PDT 2011

Hello Dave,

I believe that QGIS is in fact the right tool for you to use.

In a normal case you would need to load both .map file in QGIS. Then using
the georeferencer plugin, load the JPG and start giving known coordinates
(the ozi file points, using the "From map canvas tool") to places on your
image. After at you will be able to georeference the imagem and load it in
QGIS.

With a bit of luck, all the points in your ozi file are in the same
coordinate system (It would be very strange if it didn't...), probably WGS84
geographic coordinates and you don't need to worry at all.

When you say band, you are talking about the latitude bands or are you
talking UTM zones? If its the Latitude band it should not be a problem, if
it is the zones, they overlap so you will probably will have to convert them
to a common coordinate system.

Hope I have helped.

Alexandre Neto