[Qgis-user] [PLUGIN IDEA] fast layer access menu (Régis Haubourg)

HAUBOURG regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Mon Oct 10 07:48:52 PDT 2011

Hi list,

I'm currently defining specifications for a plugin, which could create a hierarchical drop down menu quickly add layers to the current project.
Ideally, it could work like the "importProject" plugin, by reading a qgs file.
The hierarchy could be provided by layer groups. Styles could be easily set inside the qgs. Aliases for layers too..
almost perfect and simple to administrate.

I have been using such a tool with mapinfo for years.. with a similar tool called "usermenu".

As a first try, we simply built a static coded menu. Works fine, but it's difficult to apply a specific qml style, and takes long time to code.

Does anyone have had a similar idea? Maybe it's already done?

Cheers
Regis