[Qgis-user] Problem with QGIS importing raster into GRASS

Hannah Pethen hannahpethen at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 13:45:32 PDT 2011

Dear All

I am experiencing problems importing rasters from QGIS into GRASS using the GRASS toolbox in QGIS. Having created a new location and mapset, I attempt to import my raster into GRASS using the toolbox in QGIS. When I run the r.in.gdal command, the raster is sucessfully created  but when I click on 'View Output' I get the following error message:

Cannot get map info
Cannot run module
command: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./grass/modules/qgis.g.info info=info rast=TIN280911 at GurobDEM<br>TYPE:-1
GRASS_INFO_WARNING(6068,1): Raster map <TIN280911 at GurobDEM> not found
GRASS_INFO_END(6068,1)
GRASS_INFO_WARNING(6068,2): Raster map <TIN280911 at GurobDEM> not found
GRASS_INFO_END(6068,2)
GRASS_INFO_WARNING(6068,3): can't read f_range file for [TIN280911 at GurobDEM in ]
GRASS_INFO_END(6068,3)
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(6068,4): Unable to read range file
GRASS_INFO_END(6068,4)

At this point, QGIS stops running and has to be closed.

I am runnning Windows 7 64 bit.

Hannah