[Qgis-user] use ESRI file geodatabase format in QGIS + gdal 1.9

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Oct 13 10:33:36 PDT 2011

Le jeudi 13 octobre 2011 11:53:46, Jürgen E. Fischer a écrit :
> Hi Rainer,
>
> On Thu, 13. Oct 2011 at 10:44:02 +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> > So am I right in assuming, that if QGIS is build against e.g. gdal 1.7
> > and I want to use gdal 1.9, I have to re-build QGIS - is this correct?
>
> Yes.

No ;-) I use all the time my dev version of GDAL and have never recompiled
QGIS to be able to do it (provided the GDAL version you link against QGIS is
>= the GDAL version used to compile QGIS). I'm on Linux. It might perhaps be
harder on other platforms : I just haven't tried to do it on them.

I just have to make sure that my gdal shared object has the same name (or
creates a symlink) as the one expected by QGIS (libgdal1.6.0.so.1 in my case),
and add in LD_LIBRARY_PATH the name of the directory with this custom build.