[Qgis-user] qgis web client set up

rob vech rob.vech87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:52:17 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I've used QGIS for some time and I was happy to discover its
server-client version because I hope to make a webgis in the future.
So, I successfully installed the QGIS server application from OSGeo and
I tested it with a sample project: it works!
Then I downloaded the client application. It seems that there is no a
complete example about it (I'm wrong?) and so I tryed to connect to my
QGis-server but nothing happens! The loading function goes to infinity
and no layers are displayed. I think the problem could be related to
some setting but I don't know how to resolve it.

Here some technical informations:
SO: windows seven 32 bit
Server: Apache from Osgeo
Qgis server installation path: C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\bin
Qgis web client path: C:\OSGeo4W\apache\htdocs\sit
Qgis project file: C:\myprojects\world.qgs

The qgis server is achievable from this path:
http://localhost/qgis/qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe ... and the project parameters
I've also modified the path to qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe in globalOption.js
file (e.g. /qgis/qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe,
localhost/qgis/qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe, ... ) but nothing happens.
Any ideas?

Thank you
rob