[Qgis-user] Mapping in the southern hemisphere

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:13:50 PDT 2011

Hi
It seems QGIS is a bit partial to the northern hemisphere. Is there an
available source for UTM Zones in the northern hemisphere. I am looking for
UTM 35K. I am currently trying to enter a custom grid but would much prefer
to use and existing and reliable source of grid information. Appologies if I
got the terminology mixed up.

Just to clarify, I am using Map Datum WGS84, UTM Zone 35, UTM Band K. All my
data is in UTM UPS format.

This is hampering me a bit at the moment because I have managed to
georeference my scanned images but because there is not southern hemisphere
available it thinks it is in the northern hemisphere and turns everything
upside down.

Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis