[Qgis-user] Mapping in the southern hemisphere

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:57:40 PDT 2011

Hi,
Some feedback:
It works brilliantly now but the path was strewn with thorns. One more
problem of my own making was that the program that I used to convert my UTM
UPS format into dd mm ss.ss to do the Georeferencing uses north and south
and not + and - so I had +17 instead of -17 which also did not help. This
thus bring me to another question is there a way to universally change the
input method of co-ordinates within a project rather than to have to convert
between various formats the whole time. I thought there were but setting my
project to EPSG:32735 does not change the co-ordinate input methods for the
GeoReferencing plugin not thus the co-ordinates displayed in the bottom of
the screen change to UTM format.

Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis