[Qgis-user] Missing Georeferencer Plugin QGIS 1.7.0-Wroclaw

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:32:09 PDT 2011

On 19 October 2011 15:26, paul caruana galizia <paulcg1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just installed QGIS 1.7.0-Wroclaw on my Mac (OS X 10.5.8). I've found
> and downloaded a number of plugins, but the Georeferencer plugin doesn't
> appear in the list of available plugins.
> Where can I find the Georeferencer plugin and how do I install it?
> Thanks very much for your help.

Have you enabled third party repositories? You can do it by:

Plugins->Fetch Python Plugins...

then click on the Repositories tab and selecting "Add 3rd party
repositories" to search for the Georeferencer plugin.

Also, has anyone fixed the outstanding bug with the georeferencer in
QGIS 1.6 and 1.7?

It is really annoying because whenever I pick a point in the
georeferencer, and choose to point it to a point on the map canvas,
the windows get all messed up. The bug report is here:

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3743