[Qgis-user] Linking attributes from a non-spatial file to a spatial file (shape)

Tania Smith Tania.Smith at dpw.gov.za
Fri Oct 21 04:54:31 PDT 2011

I have been able to link a non-spatial file (.dbf and MS Access with
ODBC connection) to a spatial layer (shape file to be specific) and can
view the linked attribute data when I open the Attributes BUT when I try
and produce a Graduate colour (thematic map) the classes are all zeros.
Any suggestion on how to solve this?

Department of Public Works E-mail Disclaimer.

This message is subject to the DPW’s copyright, terms and conditions and email legal notice. Views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of DPW. The email legal notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient/addressee in terms of sections 11(1) to 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.The email, links and any files included are confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email in error and permanently delete this email and all included files from your entire system immediately.