[Qgis-user] Debian Wheezy packages for QGIS 1.7.1

Jerry Bond gbond at rochester.rr.com
Sat Oct 22 07:43:41 PDT 2011

On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:29:07 am Niccolo Rigacci wrote:

> On the same repository packages for Debian Squeeze are just for
> QGIS 1.7, I'm sorry for that.

I tried to install QGIS 1.7 on Squeeze (MEPIS 11), but Synaptic refused, and
when I downloaded it from your repo to install with gdebi a dependency problem
was revealed:

libgeos-c1 > 3.2.2

That package is not available for Squeeze, according to Debian's search
engine, though it is in Wheezy.  Unless someone has already backported that
from Wheezy, I can ask our packagers to look at doing that if that would help.

Jerry