[Qgis-user] Debian Wheezy packages for QGIS 1.7.1

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Sat Oct 22 21:52:16 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 10:43:41AM -0400, Jerry Bond wrote:

> I tried to install QGIS 1.7 on Squeeze (MEPIS 11), but Synaptic refused, and
> when I downloaded it from your repo to install with gdebi a dependency problem
> was revealed:
>
> libgeos-c1 > 3.2.2

May be you downloaded the wrong version, or you pointed to the
wrong dist suite in the repository.

QGIS 1.7.1 for Wheezy depends upon libgeos-c1 (>= 3.2.2) which is
in Wheezy, QGIS 1.7 for Squeeze depends upon libgeos-c1 (>=
3.2.0), which is in Squeeze.

Look at:
http://debian.gfoss.it/dists/wheezy/main/binary-i386/Packages
http://debian.gfoss.it/dists/squeeze/main/binary-i386/Packages