[Qgis-user] Georeferncing Plugin issues (minus sign added to srcY and GCPs not removed)

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 03:11:21 PDT 2011

I'm doing some tests on the Georeferncing Plugin, and I wonder if the
following points are expected, my errors, or bugs

1) I'm testing it using a src raster in EPSG:3003 (projected CRS) and dst
raster in EPSG:23032 (projected CRS). When I insert a GCP, the srcY is saved
as a negative coordinate, i.e. the right value but with negative sign. This,
obviously, affects the georeferencing results.

2) When exiting the Plugin, it doesn't really get destroied but simply
hidden (opening it again doesn't creates a new instance, the plugin is shown
as we leave it), so that the GCPs on the main canvas are never
removed/hidden. If we want to keep the Plugin instance between hide/show
switches, I suppose that the canvas items should be managed the same way.

If someone can confirm these points, and they're bugs, I will open a ticket.
giovanni