[Qgis-user] Questions on CSV plugin & UTF8, or dbf to spatial.

Koos Hagg hagg.koos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 05:19:33 PDT 2011

Thanks for the idea. I thought of that but unfortunately it's not working

when I load the csv (ignoring the incorrect characters) and go to save as a
new csv in utf8, a dialog pops up saying:

> Save Error
> Export to vector file failed.
> Error: creation of data source failed (OGR error:)

i get this error in 1.7.1-2and the latest dev version
So that's no go. tried doing the same thing 'save as' but then a shapefile,
but that still has incorrect characters.

I did see the XY tools plugin by Richard Duivenvoorde, but I think it's the
wrong way around for this case, seems to me that it is designed for
digitizing from the canvas, to fill x,y columns, instead of take xy columns
and plot them...

Koos