[Qgis-user] urls / links as attribute values

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 25 06:05:03 PDT 2011

 yes - as Nathan pointed it out, you can do this with an Action. You can
 either hardwire a specific browser or write a small shell/batch script
 to open the URL.

 It would be nice, however, to have a new data type in the fields
 parameters named "URL/URI" which would automatically open the browser,
 either inline (through webkit) or by opening the systems default
 webbrowser.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:21:00 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> we have a webservice which returns a shapefile with attributes.
>
> one of the attribute values is a full url to some real time generated
> report for every feature in the shape (one report for every feature).
>
> I found it not so easy to select/copy/paste the link and open it in a
> browser (after loading the shape in qgis)... Not from the attribute
> window, nor via the getinfo tool (these are long complex url's).
>
> Ideally it would be nice to be able to just click on those url's and
> then let them open the report in a browser.
>
> Is this possible, or has anybody a clever idea how to to that?
>
> We can offcourse alway build a plugin for that :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A