[Qgis-user] urls / links as attribute values

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:44:54 PDT 2011

Hi all,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> It would be nice, however, to have a new data type in the fields parameters
> named "URL/URI" which would automatically open the browser, either inline
> (through webkit) or by opening the systems default webbrowser.

just set the action type to python and then use pyQT :)

The following python code should open the file pointed by %FIELD
with the default application (e.g. an image viewer):

from PyQt4.QtCore import QUrl; from PyQt4.QtGui import
QDesktopServices; QDesktopServices.openUrl( QUrl.fromLocalFile(%FIELD)
);

The next one will get an url instead, so if %FIELD contains
http://www.qgis.org it should open the web browser:

from PyQt4.QtCore import QUrl; from PyQt4.QtGui import
QDesktopServices; QDesktopServices.openUrl( QUrl(%FIELD) );

It's easy, isn't it? :)
Regards.

> Andreas
>
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:21:00 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> we have a webservice which returns a shapefile with attributes.
>>
>> one of the attribute values is a full url to some real time generated
>> report for every feature in the shape (one report for every feature).
>>
>> I found it not so easy to select/copy/paste the link and open it in a
>> browser (after loading the shape in qgis)... Not from the attribute
>> window, nor via the getinfo tool (these are long complex url's).
>>
>> Ideally it would be nice to be able to just click on those url's and
>> then let them open the report in a browser.
>>
>> Is this possible, or has anybody a clever idea how to to that?
>>
>> We can offcourse alway build a plugin for that :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Duivenvoorde
>
> --
> --