[Qgis-user] Problem on Starting QGIS after compiling from sourcecode

troy troyzhao at 263.net
Thu Sep 1 22:18:42 PDT 2011

Hey guys, here's my problem for days:

I compiled QGIS 1.7 from source code on my Win7 32bit system using VS2010,
according to official instruction "INSTALL.pdf". There's little problem on
compiling:

1. downloaded and installed depended components including cmake, flex,
bison, osgeo4w (with needed plugins);

2. recompiled qt SDK for VS2010;

3. built a batch command file using the codes from INSTALL.pdf;

4. configured the build folder using cmake-gui.exe;

5. opened the generated qgis.1.7.0.sln using VS2010;

6. run the ALL_BUILD, INSTALL, PACKAGE, uninstall targets in VS2010.

Everything runs well without one error. Finally, the INSTALL target built a
program foler "C:\Program Files\qgis1.7.0", and the PACKAGE target built an
installation exe package.

However, I cannot start the generated qgis.exe program. Every time I click
the icon, the OS tells me that the program is crashing.

The "INSTALL.pdf" said, I should includes all needed Dlls to run the
program. But how do I know which dll is needed? I compared the folder
structure to the standalone version's folder structure, finding little in
common. Anyone know some details?

Thanks!