[Qgis-user] MrSid

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Sep 8 06:23:22 PDT 2011

Hi

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Lee <muellerl at gmail.com> wrote:
> My issue with attempting to install qgis from source, as directed in the
> guides is an error when trying to use ccmake
>
> " CMake Error at cmake/Flex.cmake:14 (MESSAGE):
>    flex not found - aborting "
>
> This error has prevented me from going any further.

Are you following the guide in INSTALL in the top of the source tree?
Note that the guide in 1.7 still refers to svn but you should retrieve
the sources from github now.

sudo apt-get build-dep qgis

should get you all the build dependencies you need including flex.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services