[Qgis-user] Problem installing 1.7

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Sep 8 23:51:30 PDT 2011

Hi

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Gerardo Jimenez <gejst5 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your anwsers, nevertheless
>
> a) I always install qGis as an administrator since v1.4.
>
> b) I have two machines wit win 7 32b with avira and zone alarm and not a
> problem installing Qgis 1.7
>
> The issue is pretty recent in 4 diferent machines, one using avira, another
> kaspersky and Macafee
>
> I am about to begin an introductory class on GIS and I really want to use
> Qgis

Since QGIS is pretty portable, if you are really getting stuck, you
should be able to take your installation from one computer and copy
the whole Quantum GIS over to the *same location* on another machine.
Then create a shortcut on the desktop / start menu pointing to
c:\program files\Quantum GIS\bin\qgis.bat. Don't shortcut directly to
qgis.exe as the bat file is needed to set up the environment. In some
cases you may also need to run vcredist on the computer, though that
would normally not be required.

Regards

Tim

> Thanks before hand
>

> Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
> Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas
> Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
> Ciudad Universitaria s/n
> Coyoacan 04510 Mexico City
> Mexico 56 22 95 16