[Qgis-user] Raster with extra points

VE wanderdoc at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 10 13:24:30 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I made a raster map in QGIS 1.7.0 and added a few points (important locations) to it (as a csv-file with adjustment of the projection, it looks very good on the programm screen).
If I just save the picture only the monitor part will be saved. The raster map is larger and if I zoom out to show all necessary points on the screen the map will be too small (without details).
How could I save the map with the points in the original resolution (i.e that I can print it as a poster later)? Can one "merge" the points with the raster map in a new raster file?

Thank you very much in advance!

Wanderdoc
P.S. My first post here, do not beat me if I broke any rules!

---
wanderdoc at googlemail.com
10.09.2011