[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS 1.7 project fails to load in QGIS 1.7

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Fri Sep 16 01:12:58 PDT 2011

Ramon Andinach wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a peculiar problem where some of my project files that say they're
> 1.7 are suddenly refusing to open. ...

Have you tried simply to open the qgs projekt file in a text or XML editor
to check whether the XML structure seems OK?

I have experienced some times Qgis hanging or breaking down and in that
process not seem to get the qgs file "finished". A full qgs file should end
with the XML-tag: </qgis>

I must ad, that I have not had any luck manually fixing the qgs project
file, but it ought to be possible if you know the needed tag structure.

Regards Morten