[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.7 project fails to load in QGIS 1.7

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Fri Sep 16 01:52:54 PDT 2011

Thanks Alister, I've got that working. So I've got a basic scripting confidence boost out of that, and another way to check out errors.

Turns out Morten is closer to the mark.

I went back through the XML (which looks ok to me) and suddenly wondered where the files where located. Turns out that the ones that aren't working are set using absolute paths, to a drive letter that has subsequently been taken up as a shared volume on a server 700km distant.

So I guess they were working after all, just very, very slowly.

My thanks to both of you, otherwise I'd be rebuilding these projects.

-ramon.