[Qgis-user] Python challenges under OS X Lion

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Fri Sep 23 10:33:01 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I've done a clean reinstall of my operating system.  I.E. I erased the hard drive and started from scratch, taking the opportunity to upgrade to OS X 10.7 Lion.  I went to start reinstalling some of the plugins.  As I expected, the python plugins were no longer there.  I went into terminal and used the easyinstall command.  It didn't work.  I read somewhere about needing Xtools, so I downloaded those for free from the app store.  Now terminal claims to have installed them (I did get some warning messages) but Qgis can't find them when I go to install the plugins.

Has anyone had any success with doing this under Lion?  If so, how did you do it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kurt