[Qgis-user] Problem using MySQL layers

Dennis M. Linton dennis at dmlinton.net
Sun Sep 25 06:38:24 PDT 2011

I can export a shapefile to MySQL using Export To MySQL.  I can see the
`geom` field in the resultant table and it is not empty.  However, when
I add the MySQL layer I get an attribute table but no geometry.  If I
look at the layer properties, it reports that there is, indeed, no
geometry.   It may be relevant that the `geom` field is shown in the
attribute table.

I have done much Googling and even viewed the YouTube Export To MySQL
posted by the developer but all to no avail.  Can someone tell me what I
am doing incorrectly?

Best regards,
    Dennis