[Qgis-user] Problem on RT Sql Layer : 1.0.27

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Thu Sep 29 03:49:04 PDT 2011

Hi Jules,

> I've now Install psycopg2 2.4.2 and it run perfectly .

how do you know it runs? did you try it from the shell?

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Jules Kouadio <sekedoua at gmail.com> wrote:
> but i get always the same message when i try to run RT Sql Layer  .
> Even in the qgis python console with the phyton command "import" psycopg2
[[CUT]]
> ImportError: No module named psycopg2

To help you we need more info,
the OS you run QGis on, the python version used by QGis.

I know that some people have throuble on Debian OS after
installing python 2.7 and keeping the 2.6 version installed.
I don't know if your problem may be due to this, just tell us
if the version of python running from the shell it's the same of
the one used by QGis.

To know the running python version, just open the qgis python
console and run:

import sys
sys.version

Regards.

> 2011/9/29 Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com>
>>
>> Download and install psycopg2 2.4.2.
>>
>> It is python package, not part of QGIS or QGIS plugins.
>>
>> Python-PostgreSQL Database Adapter
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/psycopg2
>>
>> Noli
>>

>> On 9/29/11, Jules Kouadio <sekedoua at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello .
>> > Installation is ok
>> > I get this message when i try to run it
>> > Couldn't import Python module 'psycopg2' for communication with PostgreSQL
>> > database.
>> > Its the same problem whith Postgis Manager Plugin.
>> > My Os version is centos 5.5
>> > Qgis version 1.8.0-Trunck
>> >
>> > --
>> > *