[Qgis-user] Georeferencer bug 3743 fix?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Apr 3 19:02:23 PDT 2012

The windows shouldn't move or resize on their own, so as long as you have a part of each visible, you can activate them with a click when necessary.

YES, it's clunky, but it's all we have.

Mac QGIS developers are rare.  Maybe there will be someone at the upcoming hackfest that can take a look at it.

On Apr 3, 2012, at 8:45 PM, Advrk Aplmrkt wrote:

> Thank you so much for your quick reply, but that workaround barely
> works for me...
>
> When I click on a point in the raster opened in the Georeferencer
> window, the "Enter map coordinates" dialog appears under the
> Georeferencer window. After dragging away the Georeferencer window to
> reveal the dialog, I click "From map canvas", click on a point in the
> canvas, and the dialog goes below the Georeferencer window again.
> Even though ultimately I can still georeference by picking from
> canvas, there are two problems:
>
> (1) This workaround (constantly resising and moving windows) is very
> clunky and awkward, and really interrupts the workflow.
>
> (2) I don't have enough screen real estate to do so efficiently, and
> can't buy a new notebook computer just because of this bug! :)
>
> I am sorry I don't have the programming skills to fix this bug myself,
> but is this a really difficult problem to solve?
>
> I would really appreciate any assistance that anyone can provide.
>
> (I wish there is a way for people to crowd fund bug fixes to provide
> incentives!)
>
> On 3 April 2012 21:07, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> Does the workaround in the bug report work for you?  Basically, windows are hiding windows, so it seems like something is broken.  Resize and move windows around so you can see them all, then you should be able to get it working.
>>
>> I guess the bug is really now that Map Coordinates window appears behind other windows, instead of popping to front.
>>
>> On Apr 3, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Advrk Aplmrkt wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I tried running QGIS versions 1.7.4, 1.8, and 1.9 (revision e13e45f)
>>> with builds from KyngChaos website
>>> (http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis) on Mac OS X 10.6.8.
>>>
>>> For all versions a major problem with the georeferencer remains (QGIS
>>> bug #3743 http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3743): you can't set the map
>>> coordinates from the canvas.
>>>
>>> This bug has been there for more than a year, and is a killer bug for me.
>>>
>>> Two questions:
>>>
>>> (1) Is this bug on a todo list to be fixed in an upcoming version? If
>>> so, which version? I have literally been waiting for more than year
>>> for this to be fixed.
>>>
>>> (2) The georeferencer window used to have a panel listing the points
>>> you picked for georeferencing, but it is not there anymore. How do I
>>> get it back?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your help.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan