[Qgis-user] qgis mapserver blank image

anacm anacm at ctima.uma.es
Wed Apr 25 03:11:12 PDT 2012

Hello:

I am trying to use qgismapser, but I always get a blank image. I use Ubuntu
10.04 and QGIS Wroclaw 1.7.4. These are the steps I follow:

- I have created a .qgs project in QGIS with a single raster layer. In WMS
Server options, I fill the dat and choose the extension from the actual map.
The SCR restrictions are EPSG:4326, and I tick the WKT geometry options.

- I copy the .qgs file in the /usr/lib/cgi-bin folder, where the
qgis_mapserv.fcgi is. Read permissions are granted for the folder and the
files there

- With apache2 launched, I try
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities"
in Firefox 11.0. I get the xml file, which seems to be correct: I can see
the data I have typed in the WMS Server, as well as the maxx, maxy, miny,
minx values.

- But, when I try
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=-749.167,-22.275,119.167,913.275&CRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=1077&HEIGHT=552&FORMAT=image/jpeg&DPI=96",
I get a blank image. The limits of the BBOX are chosen using the maxx, maxy,
minx, miny shown in the xml file I obtain when using GetCapabilities. The
blank image appears even when trying different orders for the x and y
coordinates, as indicated in this links:
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html
http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9809&p=23292&hilit=mapserver&sid=1bcb41ded32a32ad35d26af574f10cb4#p23292

So, any idea of what I could be doing wrong? What am I missing?

Thanks a lot for your help.