[Qgis-user] Delete columns of a .shp file with GDAL/OGR 1.9.0

benoit-3 at bc-consult.com benoit-3 at bc-consult.com
Wed Apr 25 07:27:02 PDT 2012

Hi Andrei,

On 25.04.2012 16:15, iomeneandrei wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have QGIS 1.7.4 code revision 8058b22 with GDAL/OGR 1.9.0. I have
> installed it in Windows XP with osgeo installer.
>
> Is it normal that the delete columns button is always inactive?
> I thought it was possible to use it with GDAL/OGR 1.9.0. Am I wrong?

In QGIS 1.7 it is not possible to delete a column from the vector
properties dialog, but in Master it is possible.

Alternatively, did you try the 'Table manager' plugin?

If not, please install it from the 'QGIS contributed plugins'
repository.

Then:
- select a shapefile in the legend
- open Table manager