[Qgis-user] Re: Delete columns of a .shp file with GDAL/OGR 1.9.0

iomeneandrei aborruso at tin.it
Wed Apr 25 09:36:56 PDT 2012

Ciao Giovanni,
thank you.

Giovanni Manghi-2 wrote

> it was never a QGIS issue as it uses OGR to handle vectors: native
> column deleting is available only since gdal/ogr 1.9, now used by qgis
> 1.7.4. Any other software that allows deleting columns and uses gdal/ogr
> < 1.9 has an internal workaround. In QGIS the tool that allowed to do
> that (plus reordering and renaming columns) is the table manager plugin.
>
> If Andrea uses qgis 1.7.4 compiled against gdal/ogr 1.9 and cannot
> delete columns the issue is eleswhere.

In QGIS 1.7.4 you have the delete column button in the standard interface. I
thought that since I have gdal/ogr 1.9, I could have used this standard
button.
Is it possible to use it in some other QGIS version?

I'm able to delete columns using table manager, without save a copy of the
original shp file.

cheers