[Qgis-user] Problem with Managing Plugins with qgis 1.8

Sergio Vignali vignalisergio30 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 00:10:54 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have just installed ubuntu 12.04 and I have a problem with QGis 1.8.

In Managing Plugins I don't find the "Add 3rd party repositories" button
and if I try to install any plugins I get this message "Scompattazione
(unzip) del plugin non riuscita. Probabilmente l'archivio รจ corrotto o non
esiste nel repository. Controllare i permessi in scrittura della cartella
dei plugin:

/home/sergio/.qgis//python/plugins"

I have also ubuntu 11.10 and after the update to version 1.8 of qgis I
don't find the  "Add 3rd party repositories" button but I can install any
plugins.

Is there somebody who can help me?

Best regards

Sergio Vignali