[Qgis-user] Further on composer problems [1/2]

Chandra Shekhar Balachandran csbalachandran at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:15:37 PDT 2012

> Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:17:04 +0800
> From: Ramon Andi?ach <custard at westnet.com.au>
> To: "qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org" <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] Further on composer problems [1/2]
>
> A guess.
>
> The x and y parameters are in "map units" or the project's projection.
>
> So if you have a large scale, in a projected CRS, then QGIS will try and
> draw a grid line in every three feet/meters. Very time consuming.
>
> -ramon.

 Ramon, thanks for your help. I set the numbers for the X and Y as 250000
and it worked. Tnen, I was able to get the scale bar correctly in Km.

But I have another problem now. The grid shown is in the map units set at
250000 instead of Lat/Long. I need a grid that shows Lat/Long instead of
metres. Could you suggest how I might do that?

Thanks again.
CSB