[Qgis-user] Load OpenStreetMap in qgis as raster layer without the openlayer plugin

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Aug 4 09:41:13 PDT 2012

Am 04.08.2012 11:48, schrieb marco bra:
> Want to share something, i found useful, about loading gdal generates tiles
> as raster layer in qgis:
>
> http://www.3liz.com/blog/rldhont/index.php?post/2012/07/17/OpenStreetMap-Tiles-in-QGIS
> this method can be used also to speedup qgis-mapserver rendering

Sounds simple, but the result looks a bit weired. The latest version of
openlayers plugin allows freely all zoom scales, with quit good tile
resizing.

I am also using self-tiled geotiffs from various sources, addressed via
localhost. It needs only little tweak of the openlayers plugin to get
them incorporated.

Greetings,
Andre Joost