[Qgis-user] manageR doesn't work well

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 02:02:51 PDT 2012

Unfortunately, I think that manageR is not being developed
since a long time ago. This is unfortunate, as manageR implied that
QGIS could ultimately be used as the geographic display of R (the most
popular scientific OS project,
with > 6M users), which has very developed spatial packages including
raster support and a rgeos package in development.

There is the current alternative of running R scripts through the
SEXTANTE plugin in qgis, but have not
explored this alternative in depth. It is my impression, however, that
this alternative is not intended to be as user-friendly
as manageR.

Agus