[Qgis-user] XYtools needs Excel python modules

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Aug 13 00:11:24 PDT 2012

Am 13.08.12 08:42, schrieb Healthmaps:
> indeed, I have learned this the hard way! It does seems that these
> modules could be loaded when the Plugin is loaded but perhaps there
> is some reasonable, technical reason why that is not done. Thanks -

The reason is that Qgis sets its own environment variables and does not
care about any other software installed on the PC.
That has the advantage that it does not spoil any other installed
program, which might depend on other versions of python, gdal or
wahtever. Only Microsoft VC++ runtime does not fit into this concept.

Greetings,
André Joost