[Qgis-user] XYtools needs Excel python modules

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Aug 13 00:59:23 PDT 2012

Am 13.08.12 09:24, schrieb Healthmaps:
> But if one loads XYtools and then has to go back to the OSGEO4
> download process again to get the missing modules then couldn't the
> OSGEO4 download process be set up to download those modules in the
> first place? All I had to do was use the advanced install and check
> two modules from a list that had not already been installed where as
> many others on that list already had been and were set up as some
> general install.  I sort of understood what you wrote, but I guess
> not quite.

Well, there are many plugins, and they might depend on many libs,
perhaps only a special version. As long as you don't install the
plugins, you would not miss them. Installing *all* from OSGeo4W ended
for me in a non-working version, because stable and dev versions got
mixed up.

It would be better if the plugin installer would advise you to rerun the
OSGeo installer. But if the user has used the standalone installer, he
would not know what do ...

Not that easy ;-)

Other way would be that the plugin installer comes with the libs by
itself, and puts them in the site-packages folder if not already there.

Greetings,
André Joost