[Qgis-user] Google map request limits?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Aug 14 13:17:17 PDT 2012

On 08/14/2012 04:04 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
> I'm thinking of adding a Google layer to check some data.  I remember hearing that the Google plugin (whatever it's called) had a limit on how many image requests it could make per day.  Does the OpenLayers plugin have any limit for a Google layer?

I'm an extensive user of the 'OpenLayers plugin', and never have had any
problems with the number of images.
The premium key Yves is talking about is only for really heavy traffing
generating websites.
And IF you have Google Troubles, there is also the OpenStreetmap
(and/or?? Bing layer... not sure of this one).

So I would say: go :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde