[Qgis-user] problems making grass training map via qgis

Samantha Goodchild-Brown samanthag at geograph.co.za
Wed Aug 15 01:17:07 PDT 2012

Can anyone tell me how to make a training map for supervised
classification using QGIS Grass (1.8).

I have successfully made the polygons with label attributes (as a grass
vector layer - attribute table now looks the same as the sample datasets
from installation) but these attributes are lost when converting to
raster. Hence my raster comes out as one cell (one value to region extents).

If I use Grass GUI (6.4.2) to convert a vector polygon to a raster,
georeferencing gets lost.

Are these known bugs? can someone give me a workaround? Or fix my
methodology if I am making common dingbat errors.

Thanks
Sam