[Qgis-user] SVG Fill

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Thu Aug 16 05:43:36 PDT 2012

Hi List,
I'm trying to symbolise Ordnance Survey MasterMap. The OS are nice enough
to provide a single SVG file (here:
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/xml/resource/OSMasterMapStyles.svg)
with most/all of their symbology in.

My question is simple: How do I use these symbols in QGIS?

I've found "SVG fill", which is the one I'm trying to use (i.e., with
"nonconiferousTreesAndConiferousTreesPattern") and while it does allow me
to specify the SVG file, that seems to be all I can do. QGIS seems to
assume that the entire contents of the file should be used for styling,
while the file has multiple stylings in.
I'm guessing mutliple geometries in a single file is valid SVG (it passes
the WGC validator), so is this something QGIS can handle, or will I need to
source split files?

Thanks,
Jonathan

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.