[Qgis-user] Georeferencing fail at picture 2

Lene Fischer lfi at life.ku.dk
Thu Aug 16 11:46:04 PDT 2012

Today I gave my first lesson in georeferencing using QGIS.
32 university students working with succes. Easy to use and great results. It went so fast, that I gave them assignment number two. And then it all crashed :-O

After setting the first point a point and line was shown - as view of an error. And in the GCP table dX, dY and residual pixel all had great errors.

If we tried to activate Start Georeferencing - nothing happend.
Then by using Settings we could force the program to continue - but the result was a stretch map -which was useless.

As I see it - the program remember the point made in the previous map, and calculate with these.
Has anyone noticed this behavior?

Regards
Lene Fischer
Ass. Professor
Danish Center for Forest, Landscape and Planning
University of Copenhagen
Nødebovej 77A
DK- 3480 Fredensborg
Phone: 0045 40115084
Mail: LFI at LIFE.KU.DK<mailto:LFI at LIFE.KU.DK>
Skype: lene.fischer.dk