[Qgis-user] ID field does not show up

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Aug 19 00:55:19 PDT 2012

Am 18.08.2012 23:43, schrieb Julian Bogdani:
> In reference to a previous post and to
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/31732/primary-key-field-hidden-on-atributes-tables-addes-to-qgis
> here are the files showing the problem.
> I'm running QGIS 1.8 on MacOS Snow Leopard.

Hi,

I have tested your database and encountered the same problem.
I think it is because there are no geometry information in your
database. So far it is only a sqlite database, not a spatialite one.

I have created a new test sqlite database with a point layer, but DB
Manager would not let me copy your geometryless table to my database.

So I opened your database with qspatialite, and that plugin added tables
geom_cols_ref_sys, geometry_columns and spatial_ref_sys to it. Now I
could drag and drop table "test" from your database to mine using DB
Manager. And adding that table to the canvas by checking geometryless
tables, gives the correct table view with ID and text field.

I think the problem will not accur if you create a sqlite database
within qgis, and start with a geometry layer.

HTH,
Andre Joost